Both rich in antioxidants, Matcha and chocolate not only taste absolutely delicious, but they are also great for our health! Matcha, for example, tops the charts for its ORAC, antioxidant count per gram, with a whopping 1384 per gram!
Why not enjoy the savory and sweet taste of these two in one delicious treat: a coconut, double chocolate Matcha cupcake, topped with Matcha buttercream.
Let's check it out!
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 17 mins
Yields: 24 Cupakes
For the Cupcakes
- All purpose flour... 1 1/2 cup (can substitute with gluten-free!)
- Coconut flour... 1/3 cup
- Packed brown sugar... 1 cup
- Unsweetened cacao powder... 1 cup
- MariMatcha Matcha powder... 2 tsps
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips... 1/3 cup
- Baking powder.. 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda... 1 1/2 tsp
Salt... a dash
- Eggs... 4
- Full-fat coconut milk... 1 cup
- Coconut oil... 1/2 cup
- Melted butter... 4 tbsps
- Vanilla... 1 tsp
For the icing:
- Room temperature butter... 8 tbsps
- Powdered sugar... 4 cups
- MariMatcha Matcha powder... 1 1/2 tbsps
- Powdered Sugar Matcha!... for an antioxidant boost!
- 1 tsp of MariMatcha Matcha
- 2 1/2 tsp of Powdered Sugar
- More chocolate chips!
For The Cupcakes
- In a bowl, combine both flours, sugar, cocao powder, Matcha powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
- Beat the eggs well, and then add in the coconut milk. Melt the coconut oil and butter in a pan and pour in with the egg mixture. Add a dash of vanilla.
- Fold in the wets with the dry until well combined.
- Scoop into a cupcake pan with cupcake holders and bake at 375 for 17 minutes.
- Well done, let cool before applying the icing.
For the icing:
- Whip together the butter and powdered sugar.
- Whisk the Matcha powder and a dash of water to form a thick koicha paste
- Pour into the buttercream and blend.
- Pipe into a piping bag and decorate your yummy cupcakes!
Ready to enjoy a cup of delicious and antioxidant rich Matcha? Use our exclusive INSTAMATCHA15 discount at checkout for 15% off your entire order!