Everyone knows that Tiramisu is an amazing culinary combination of mascarpone, whipped cream, cocoa, and coffee. But did you know that tiramisu can also be made with Matcha green tea? In fact, not only is it pretty similar to how regular tiramisu is usually made, but the high levels of antioxidants in Matcha make it a healthy and delicious dessert!
This recipe is also egg free and gluten free!
Let's check it out!
Antioxidant-packed, Creamy, Matcha Tiramisu! (Gluten & Egg Free)
Everyone knows that Tiramisu is an amazing culinary combination of mascarpone, whipped cream, cocoa, and coffee. But did you know that tiramisu can also be made with Matcha green tea?
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
YIELDS: ~14 pieces of Tiramisu
- Whipping cream... 236 ml / 1 cup
- Marscapone... 8 oz
- Gluten-free Ladyfingers... 1 package (~12 cookies)
- Cane sugar... 1/4 cup
- Matcha Mixture:
- MariMatcha Matcha Power... 1 tbsp
- Cane sugar... 1 tbsp
- Warm Water... 1 cup
- Cane sugar... 3 Tsp
- MariMatcha Matcha Power... 2 Tsp
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form and fold in the mascarpone until well combined.
- In a blender, blend together the MariMatcha Matcha powder, warm water, and sugar. Pour the sweet Matcha onto the ladyfingers and let it soak for about 15 minutes, turning every so often.
- Layer the tiramisu starting with the mascarpone, Matcha-soaked ladyfingers, followed by more mascarpone topped with Matcha sugar.
- Repeat step 3 until you have finished layering all layers.
- Finally, top with more Matcha sugar and enjoy with a freshly prepared cup of MariMatcha for an extra boost of antioxidants and mood-enhancing l-theanine!